Sunday, May 17, 2020

Capitalization Rules: Quick tips 2


Capitalize all proper nouns and proper adjectives (name of a specific person, place or thing).

There are many common categories of proper nouns. Two of them are stated below.

1. Days of the week
  • We go to temple on Tuesdays. - correct
  • We got to temple on tuesdays. - incorrect
  • It's my birthday next Monday. - correct
  • It's my birthday next monday. - incorrect
  • She visited me last Sunday. - correct
  • She visited me last sunday. - incorrect
2. Months of the year
  • Sam is retiring next March. - correct
  • Sam is retiring next march. - incorrect
  • Sarah left on 29 February. - correct
  • Sarah left on 29 february. - incorrect
  • My daughter's birthday is in January. - correct
  • My daughter's birthday is in january. - incorrect

No comments: