Phrase is a group of words, which makes sense, but not complete sense, is called a Phrase. It is a group of related words without a Subject and a Verb.
A Phrase consists of two or more words lacking a complete sense and a complete verb. It may consist of one or more incomplete verbs - the Infinitives or the Participles standing on their own.
Words/group of words in italics are phrases in examples below:
- The sun rises in the east.
- Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
- She wore a hat with blue trimming.
- The accident on the bridge was not serious.
- The girl with red hair is an artist.
- Sasha took a long leave.
- Holding the toy, the child slept.
- Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.